Good source of antioxidants, lutein & zeaxanthin
- 4 orange or yellow peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 4 black olives, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 1 cup spinach and kale, mixed
- 1/2 cup drained sweet corn
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook the rice in boiling salted water until tender and drain. In a separate pan, fry the onions in olive oil on low heat until soft. Add the tomato, olives, corn, spinach, kale, rice and cheese, reserving some cheese to top the pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper,
- Cut off the pepper tops. remove seeds, and fill peppers with the stuffing. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet and cook in the lower half of oven for 1 hour, until peppers are soft. If peppers are browning too quickly, lower oven temperature.
Makes 4 servings