Good source of antioxidants, lutein & zeaxanthin
- 4 orange or yellow peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 4 black olives, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 1 cup spinach and kale, mixed
- 1/2 cup drained sweet corn
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook the rice in boiling salted water until tender and drain. In a separate pan, fry the onions in olive oil on low heat until soft. Add the tomato, olives, corn, spinach, kale, rice and cheese, reserving some cheese to top the pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper,
- Cut off the pepper tops. remove seeds, and fill peppers with the stuffing. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet and cook in the lower half of oven for 1 hour, until peppers are soft. If peppers are browning too quickly, lower oven temperature.
Makes 4 servings
Closed on long weekends.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns about your eye health. If you require assistance after hours, please dial 811 for further guidance. If you are experiencing an eye emergency after hours, we recommend seeking care at the Rockyview General Hospital's Department of Ophthalmology.
English, Cantonese, French