Good source of: vitamin C lutein and zeaxanthin
- two and a half pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 bunch of collard greens, Washington stems removed, then cut into half-inch strips( approximately 8 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- half cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
People with Andy have lower levels of lutein and zeaxanthin and their eyes. That’s why getting more should I come with lutein and zeaxanthin through diet and/or supplements can help you maintain healthy vision
- Place potatoes in a large pot of cold water, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and return potatoes to pot.
- Place collards and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes or until cooked through, but still green, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Remove from Heat
- add colors in remaining ingredients to potatoes. Mashoor whip to desired consistency. Add more half and half if too thick.
makes 8 servings