Dr. Barb’s husband, Dr. Chris has shared with us his tried and true method for making poached eggs.
- Fill a large sauce-pan ¾ full with water. Add 1 tbsp of white vinegar to the water.
- On high heat, bring water to a simmer.
- While you are waiting for the water to come to a simmer, crack each egg into its own ramekin or small bowl.
- When water comes to a simmer, reduce heat to medium high so the water is simmering very gently.
- Using a slotted spoon stir the water clockwise, creating a swirl. While the water is swirling, slowly pour each egg into the water.
- For a soft, runny yolk, cook for three and a half minutes. If the water starts to boil too hard, reduce the heat.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove each egg from the water and gently place them onto a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb the excess water.
Eye Nutrients: Vitamin E, lutein, omega-3 fatty acids (DHA), zinc
For more information on Eyefoods or to make a bulk order of Eyefoods books to retail in your practice visit www.eyefoods.com