4 cups raw kale, thoroughly washed and dried
4 green onions sliced finely
1 orange pepper, chopped
¼ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
¼ cup roasted pinenuts
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp honey or maple syrup
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
- Remove ribs from kale leaves.
- Roughly chop kale into bite sized pieces (1-2 inches) and place into a large salad bowl.
- Toss together all of the ingredients of the salad except for the pine nuts.
- In a separate, small bowl, mix together all of the ingredients of the dressing. Drizzle over the salad and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour or up to three hours.
- Sprinkle with nuts and enjoy.
Eye Nutrients: Lutein, zeaxanthin, beta-carotene, vitamin E, vitamin C, zinc, fiber
For more information on Eyefoods visit www.eyefoods.com
Closed on long weekends.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns about your eye health. If you require assistance after hours, please dial 811 for further guidance. If you are experiencing an eye emergency after hours, we recommend seeking care at the Rockyview General Hospital's Department of Ophthalmology.
English, Cantonese, French