Creamy herb homeless with sliced red bell peppers, broccoli florets, and whole wheat Pita wedges
Good source of colon antioxidants, plant sources of omega-3 fatty acids
- 1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- two garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 whole-wheat pitas, cut into wedges
- In a food processor or blender, mix first 8 ingredients, adding enough water to make a smooth dip.
- Spoon into a bowl and top of sliced scallions and 1 tablespoon basil.
- Serve with pita wedges and vegetables
Makes approximately 4 servings
Eating too much of some foods could actually increase the risk of for AMD. They include red meat and simple carbohydrates, such as white flour bread, pasta, and sugar heavy foods. Eating more white meat, fish, and complex carbohydrates like whole grains and produce can help lower your AMD risk.